BCC's Youth & Children's Minister Search
Bethlehem (BCC) is excited to expand its Youth and Children's Ministry by calling a part-time youth and children's minister. This minister will work under the supervision of the Pastor and will work with the existing youth and children's ministry team of dedicated volunteers. Bethlehem is blessed to have an extensive network of adult volunteers who invest in the lives of these students and families. Unfortunately, these volunteers are stretched thin and, fortunately, the ministry is expanding beyond their capabilities.
About the Church
BCC is a healthy, exciting church on the outskirts of downtown Suffolk. Christ has blessed the church and called the church to be more engaged in our community. As a result, the church has become much more ecumenical and has developed a community presence within the city. BCC is non-denominational but originally was a United Church of Christ church. BCC severed its ties with the UCC in the early 2000s and is unaffiliated with any denomination. Jesus Christ is the head of the church, but the church does have a Deacon Board that helps the Pastor shepherd the church. BCC is blessed with many young families and young children who are transitioning into the youth ministry and who are maintaining a strong children's ministry. BCC has a strong team of volunteers who will assist the youth and children's minister in his/her duties.
About the Candidate
The preferred candidate will be working toward or have completed an M. Div. While BCC is open to a non-seminary student working on his/her degree, the church does prefer a candidate who has an expressed calling to ministry.
about the position
- Youth and Children's Minister will prayerfully oversee the entirety of the Youth and Children's Ministry including vision casting, administrative planning, spiritual development, and shepherding.
- Youth and Children's Minister will develop relationships with the youth, children, and their families including pastoral care visitation, as needed.
- Youth and Children's Minister will represent the Youth and Children's Ministry at the church council, conference, and board meetings to ensure a continuity within the varied ministries of the church.
- Youth and Children's Minister will develop a trusting relationship with all members of the congregation and will model the love of Christ in all relationships.
- Youth and Children's Minister will have an open and engaging relationship with the Pastor and will assist the Pastor as needed.
Youth and Children's Minister will be open to learning new things and working well with others.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org